November 7, 2020

NIV Personal Size Large Print Reference Bible


Although I’m blessed to receive review copies of new editions from most of the Bible publishers, I liked the NIV Personal Size Large Print Reference Bible so much that I bought my own copy! 

This reader edition of the New International Version of the Bible comes in soft calfskin, which my fingers prefer and in an easy-to-read 12-point print, which my eyes prefer. 

I also like the clearly visible end-of-paragraph references better than the more common center or side-column references. Since those relevant references are right there, I don’t have to squint to find small-font references somewhere else, which means I’m more apt to look them up and see how God’s word often weaves interconnections. 

Two ribbon markers are nice to have too, especially when reading/ studying the Old Testament (OT) aka Hebrew Bible and New Testament (NT) at the same sitting. 

In this edition, the actual words of Jesus become more visible in red, which emphasizes how outstanding they are! Also, the eight pages of color maps stand out for those of us who are geographically challenged. 

Once again, Zondervan has published a quality edition of the Bible in the highly readable NIV that we’ll want to read again and again. 

© 2020, Mary Harwell Sayler, poet-writer, Bible reviewer 

No comments:

Post a Comment